When construction professionals think about BIM, they often think about it in terms of moving from 2D to 3D. However, it doesn’t end there. Continue reading…
If your firm is using building information modeling (BIM), you already know the benefits it brings to the construction process and your clients’ management of their assets. But are you reaping the full advantages of BIM? Continue reading…
Not to be trite, but this is a game changer.
BIM has revolutionized construction industry communication. Data, specifically digital data, is the new operating language for architects, structural engineers, general contractors and the constructions trades.
I never imagined the BIM transformation would come this far, this fast. Continue reading…
As a concrete contractor, your ability to win project bids often turns on your compliance with industry best practice. One key differentiator in a crowded contractor marketplace is building information modeling (BIM). The fact is, more and more owners and general contractors expect BIM-compliance in their project team selection process.
What is your BIM capability? Are you equipped with the hardware and software solutions you need to effectively compete for a growing wave of BIM-based jobs? Are you keeping pace with BIM-savvy competitors?
Today Leica Geosystems is the building construction trades’ go-to source for BIM-enablement. Here are 10 reasons why Leica Geosystems should be on your short list as you consider BIM partners:
1. Proven Performance. Leica Geosystems scanning, total station and software tools currently play a central role in hundreds of jobsites worldwide, from small- and largescale building construction to massive public works projects.
2. Proven Technology. Scanners, total stations and software from Leica Geosystems are the industry gold standard BIM-ready excellence.
3. Proven Support. Leica Geosystems stands with you with a fail-safe support team. It starts with a legendary reputation for quality and continues with a newly-expanded U.S. support center, online technical support and Leica Geosystems’ extensive local network of distribution partners
4. Proven Compatibility. Imaging software from Leica Geosystems operates natively within mainstream BIM solutions from Revit and AutoCAD, meaning unmatched speed and accuracy in comparing the as-built with the 3D model.
5. Proven R&D Leadership. Your investment in Leica Geosystems technology is protected by one of the industry’s most aggressive R&D programs, keeping you current with updated BIM-related software, imaging and layout hardware advancements.
6. Proven Reliability. Our technology is continuously field-tested under the harshest conditions, from the tropics and war zones to high altitudes and sub-freezing weather with exceptional dependability. All Leica Geosystems tool are made exclusively in Leica Geosystems manufacturing facilities— never farmed-out to OEMs.
7. Proven Ease. Leica Geosystems presents an assortment of easy-entry options to BIM enablement. Even if you’re new to BIM, Leica Geosystems has solutions that make first steps confident, productive and affordable.
8. Proven Scalability. BIM solutions from Leica Geosystems are tailored to your needs and budget. Our comprehensive array of construction solutions makes it easy to gradually ramp-up your BIM services and expertise, whether you’re new to BIM or seasoned veteran.
9. Proven Understanding. Our hardware and software solutions have always served as an integral part of the BIM field solution. Our processes are engineered from the ground up to support project excellence, from BIM-based layout to as-built QC with the model.
10. Proven Name. Leica Geosystems, based in Switzerland, is a global company with tens of thousands of customers supported by more than 2,400 employees in 21 countries. Our 200-year history of geospatial positioning excellence is extra peace-of-mind as you weigh your options.
When the stakes are your ability to compete in a rapidly-evolving industry, doesn’t it make sense to rely on the first name in BIM construction solutions for concrete contractors? Make the business-smart move. Contact your Leica Geosystems rep today.
Building information modeling (BIM) is rewriting the book on how buildings are designed and built, adding unprecedented levels of digital precision and visual understanding. The construction trades, including concrete contractors, stand to reap huge business benefits from BIM enablement. Leica Geosystems, a global provider of BIM construction solutions, has emerged as the go-to resource for the concrete construction industry’s BIM migration.
The digital revolution has transformed nearly every industry, from manufacturing and communications to information technology and finance.
The construction industry has largely escaped the disruptive effects of digital transformation—until now. An historic sea change of process transformation is underway across the construction trades. Recent studies report an overwhelming majority of contractors have integrated BIM technologies into their workflow. For concrete contractors and other construction trades, BIM is re-inventing 2D processes with 3D digital precision, speed and economy.
Why is BIM becoming increasingly critical for growth-minded concrete contractors? Can a concrete contractor really profit from BIM processes in the field? A brief examination:
• Competitive Differentiator. It’s no secret owners and general contractors are driving BIM field adoption. One example is Holder Construction, a general contractor based in Atlanta, GA, that self-performs some concrete work. They use Leica total stations to lay out every aspect of the concrete work in multistory office buildings. They also use scanners to perform some QC work by comparing the point cloud image with the model. The back-check identifies as-built deviations quickly, saving modification time and expense. No plumb bob or tape measure can match scanning speed and precision. General contractors like Holder increasingly expect BIM compliance from their subcontractors. Industry studies confirm project team selection often turns on BIM capability. Net: To compete, adopt BIM.
• Jobsite Excellence. The quickening pace of BIM-generated success stories provide ample proof BIM’s role in the field will only escalate. At One World Trade Center, project teams placed every single piece of the building structure utilizing highly coordinated BIM data in combination with Leica construction layout solutions. As-built conditions were quickly identified and evaluated as needed. T.U. Parks, a large Chattanooga, TN-based contractor, used Leica Geosystems construction layout and QC solutions to build a complex curved hospital addition entryway with a 700 foot radius. You can’t use a tape measure to lay out large radius curves of that magnitude—it’s just not possible. Using BIM data from the project’s architects and engineers combined with a Leica iCON robotic total station, Parks made a once-impossible task a breeze. Net: BIM expands concrete contractor field capability, services and project engagement opportunities.
Few today dispute BIM’s operational value. What started as a design creation solution has swiftly evolved into an entire ecosystem for the construction industry. For the construction trades—especially concrete contractors—the promise of BIM is golden with business-building opportunity.
Leica Geosystems has extensive experience helping concrete contractor gradually evolve to BIM compliance. BIM construction specialists at Leica Geosystems are uniquely qualified to tailor BIM solutions to the contractor’s needs and budget.
Leica Geosystems experts make it surprisingly easy to gradually integrate BIM into the contractor’s workflow, offering a wide array of entry ramps and scalable solutions, ranging from paper and 2D to 2.5D and full BIM.
Concrete construction is undergoing a rapid digital transformation. Long-held design and construction processes are rapidly giving way to digital building information modeling (BIM). Continue reading…