More than 500 leaders and innovators in 3D will converge at Fort Mason Center in San Francisco, Feb. 25-26, 2015, for the launch of REAL, a unique gathering to explore reality computing as the continuum of reality data, from 3D capture to 3D processing through to AR/VR, 3D printing and fabrication. The two-day event will bring together multiple disciplines doing real work in 3D from across architecture and art, engineering and entertainment, manufacturing and media, heritage and health, sports and science.
Through REAL TALK, an exclusive technology summit, and REAL LIVE, a world’s fair of 3D technology demonstrations, attendees will experience the transformational technologies shaping the future of building construction, engineering and manufacturing.
As a top-tier gold sponsor, Leica Geosystems will showcase the latest state-of-the-art in dedicated and integrated laser scanning, indoor professional documentation with images and LIDAR, virtual surveying, unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and other innovative 3D capture solutions as well as fast and intuitive processing software that streamlines workflows and facilitates the creation of high-value 3D deliverables.
- Recreate Your Reality: See how to quickly capture high-quality, comprehensive as-built documentation at the push of a button using the Leica ScanStation P15 or P20 laser scanners and Cyclone software. Learn why professionals can trust that the model is an accurate representation of reality when it is based on data from one of these solutions.
- Streamline Layout and As-Built Capture: Explore how the innovative scanning total station, the Leica Nova MS50, provides an all-in-one solution for new construction layout and the capture of rich 3D as-builts during construction with a familiar total station workflow. Learn how this solution is transforming the building process.
- Experience the Flying Eye: See how the Aibot X6 unmanned aircraft system (UAS) will revolutionize construction with its ability to capture high-resolution imagery from the air to improve safety in applications such as curtain wall inspections and inform models with more accurate data.
- Get a Sneak Peak of a New Innovation: Be the first to see the newest Leica Geosystems solution for capturing indoor professional documentation with images and LIDAR for virtual 3D models that accurately depict reality.
- Explore the Future: Learn how sensors and software can be used in concert to create rich, intelligent 3D models that reduce rework and improve predictability and profitability.
Leica Geosystems thought leaders will also share strategic insights on trends and technologies that are driving the 3D revolution in the REAL TALK executive summit.
“Never before have professionals had so many different ways to capture measurements and convert them into 3D deliverables,” said Ken Mooyman, president of Leica Geosystems NAFTA. “Now more than ever, it’s crucial to understand the difference between a ‘hot new technology’ and a true solution that will provide a solid return on investment over time through streamlined workflows and trusted, reliable data. REAL 2015 provides a valuable opportunity for professionals to do their research and experience these differences for themselves. We look forward to demonstrating our solutions at this exciting new event.”