Urban revitalization projects are often fraught with challenges due to inaccurate or incomplete documentation. Fortunately, there is an easy way to capture as-is conditions, inform the model with accurate data, provide quality assurance checks during construction, and capture progress milestones for a highly efficient building process. Continue reading…
With construction spending once again on the rise, there has never been a better time to get involved in BIM. “Minimum BIM requirements” are increasingly being included in project bids and specifications, and a growing number of project stakeholders are placing a higher value on companies that offer BIM services.
Still, there are some skeptics who remain on the sidelines. If you’ve been wondering whether BIM is right for your firm, be careful not to get sidetracked by these three common myths. Continue reading…
Leica Geosystems Inc. has launched a new series of solutions to help contractors extend the value of building information modeling (BIM) into the field and connect field information back to the model in the office. Perfectly tailored to fit any stage of BIM adoption in concrete layout, MEP layout, quality assurance, renovation/retrofit, and operations/maintenance as-builting applications, the BIM Field Trip by Leica Geosystems includes customized packages of hardware and software that make it easy to move from 2D to 3D workflows to achieve common BIM goals such as reduced rework, increased predictability and higher profitability. Continue reading…
How can you extend the benefits of BIM to the jobsite for construction layout? With the BIM Field Trip by Leica Geosystems, you can add BIM layout points to the model and hand it off to the field for use with total stations, multistations and 3D laser measuring devices to create a “paint-by-numbers” installation, which results in fewer errors and changes in the field and a higher level of predictability.
A typical renovation or retrofit project relies on existing as-built drawings, which are often outdated and incorrect. Unfortunately, these inaccuracies might not be found until the construction phase of a project, where unexpected changes have the potential to ruin both the budget and schedule. When accurate as-built data in the form of cloud points or discrete points is captured and used as a basis for planning construction in a CAD or BIM environment, it provides the assurance that the model is correct as designed. Watch the video to learn more.
For general contractors, keeping projects on time and on budget requires closely monitoring the quality and accuracy of the work performed by subcontractors. By measuring the quality of construction throughout the project with total stations, multistations or laser distance meters, and bringing this information back into the model, any conflicts or potential problems can be predicted before they occur, thereby preventing rework and waste. Watch this video to learn more.
If your firm is using building information modeling (BIM), you already know the benefits it brings to the construction process and your clients’ management of their assets. But are you reaping the full advantages of BIM? Continue reading…
As a concrete contractor, your ability to win project bids often turns on your compliance with industry best practice. One key differentiator in a crowded contractor marketplace is building information modeling (BIM). The fact is, more and more owners and general contractors expect BIM-compliance in their project team selection process.
What is your BIM capability? Are you equipped with the hardware and software solutions you need to effectively compete for a growing wave of BIM-based jobs? Are you keeping pace with BIM-savvy competitors?
Today Leica Geosystems is the building construction trades’ go-to source for BIM-enablement. Here are 10 reasons why Leica Geosystems should be on your short list as you consider BIM partners:
1. Proven Performance. Leica Geosystems scanning, total station and software tools currently play a central role in hundreds of jobsites worldwide, from small- and largescale building construction to massive public works projects.
2. Proven Technology. Scanners, total stations and software from Leica Geosystems are the industry gold standard BIM-ready excellence.
3. Proven Support. Leica Geosystems stands with you with a fail-safe support team. It starts with a legendary reputation for quality and continues with a newly-expanded U.S. support center, online technical support and Leica Geosystems’ extensive local network of distribution partners
4. Proven Compatibility. Imaging software from Leica Geosystems operates natively within mainstream BIM solutions from Revit and AutoCAD, meaning unmatched speed and accuracy in comparing the as-built with the 3D model.
5. Proven R&D Leadership. Your investment in Leica Geosystems technology is protected by one of the industry’s most aggressive R&D programs, keeping you current with updated BIM-related software, imaging and layout hardware advancements.
6. Proven Reliability. Our technology is continuously field-tested under the harshest conditions, from the tropics and war zones to high altitudes and sub-freezing weather with exceptional dependability. All Leica Geosystems tool are made exclusively in Leica Geosystems manufacturing facilities— never farmed-out to OEMs.
7. Proven Ease. Leica Geosystems presents an assortment of easy-entry options to BIM enablement. Even if you’re new to BIM, Leica Geosystems has solutions that make first steps confident, productive and affordable.
8. Proven Scalability. BIM solutions from Leica Geosystems are tailored to your needs and budget. Our comprehensive array of construction solutions makes it easy to gradually ramp-up your BIM services and expertise, whether you’re new to BIM or seasoned veteran.
9. Proven Understanding. Our hardware and software solutions have always served as an integral part of the BIM field solution. Our processes are engineered from the ground up to support project excellence, from BIM-based layout to as-built QC with the model.
10. Proven Name. Leica Geosystems, based in Switzerland, is a global company with tens of thousands of customers supported by more than 2,400 employees in 21 countries. Our 200-year history of geospatial positioning excellence is extra peace-of-mind as you weigh your options.
When the stakes are your ability to compete in a rapidly-evolving industry, doesn’t it make sense to rely on the first name in BIM construction solutions for concrete contractors? Make the business-smart move. Contact your Leica Geosystems rep today.