This blog is just one of hundreds devoted to the latest and greatest on BIM and technology in the construction industry. Here’s a list of top 10 blogs for up-to-the-minute news, tips, and happenings in the BIM arena.
1. AECbytes. Great in-depth BIM articles on tips and tricks, software reviews, and lots more.
2. Beyond Design. Frequent posts from the Autodesk Navisworks team on best practices, little-known features, and general tips.
3. What Revit Wants. A fantastic blog for understanding the nuances of Autodesk Revit. The tagline, “if you really give Revit what it wants, it will reward you,” is all too true.
4. AEC DevBlog. All things Autodesk API, C#, Visual Studio, and other developer wizardry.
5. Synchro Blog. This is your best resource for the latest news and tips on the 4D sequencing tool Synchro.
6. It’s Alive in the Lab. Autodesk Labs is the home of all cutting edge R&D projects by Autodesk, many of which are free. This blog is an excellent resource to keep up to date on what’s new and what’s changed.
7. BIM and BEAM. Structural-specific posts with a focus on Autodesk Revit.
8. Through the Interface. Using AutoCAD in ways that might change your perspective on what it can do.
9. Revit. Don’t let the title throw you – this blog is a fantastic resource for general BIM in addition to offering plenty of great Revit tips.
10. Between the Lines. Excellent general BIM blog with a focus on Autodesk products.
There’s a lot to keep up with in the BIM world, and blogs are one of the best ways to stay current. Try using an RSS reader such as Feedly to aggregate the blogs above and more.
What are your favorite BIM blogs? Share your thoughts below.